Sunday, September 7, 2014

Weekend Recap

We have had a very laid back kind of weekend around here and it felt good.
Sometimes we are on the go so much that it is nice to just be able sit around and do little.
On Friday night we did our usual grocery shopping and came home to watch a few movies.
On Saturday on had a "Coach Me" class at the gym at the early hour of 8:30.
John came with me and spent his time in the weight room.
I spent my time with my coach, Cathy, who showed me how to use some more equipment in the circuit room.
Now I have to go back at least two times this week to do the workouts.
I like the program because it gives me some accountability.
I have been going to the Y faithfully since I started the program.
When we got home from our workouts, John took the old steps out from our hill in the backyard.
My dad had put them in years ago.
They were made of railroad ties and while they served their purpose well for many, many years, they had started to deteriorate and were no longer safe.
John thought it would be a very big job and he came out armed with a pick, an axe, and other assorted tools, but because they were so rotted, they practically fell out.
Today John put dirt down and planted grass seed, so hopefully by next spring we will have a grass hill where the steps used to be.
I will miss those steps on trips up from the park, but the hill is small, so I will just have to climb up.
Another part of my dad, gone, but not forgotten.
So blessed to be living in the house that I grew up in and my dad lived in for all his adult life.
Little bits of him are all over.
After the step removal on Saturday, I did a lot of school work because a teacher's work is never done.
I made play dough with my essential oils and it smelled so nice in our house.
I know the kids will enjoy playing with it.
Saturday night we watched two more movies.
Sunday was church, grass planting, a walk, and more school prep.
A nice, quiet weekend.
It is just what we need every once in awhile.
Here's to another good week in Preschool!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails