Sunday, January 25, 2015

Packers Lose, A zoo visit, A Night of Gaming, and Preschoolers sing

It has been another busy, fun weekend, but before I post anymore of that, let me give you the bad news.
THE PACKERS LOST
and they didn't just lose, they pretty much stopped playing and gave the SeaHawks the game on a silver platter after having the lead up until the last three minutes.
The best part was Facebooking with my good friends, Patti and Terri during and after the game.
So, we have packed up our Packer stuff for another year and that is all I will say about that.

This Saturday, John and I decided to us our zoo passes and go the Milwaukee Zoo.  The weather was absolutely beautiful, more late Marchish than Januaryish and we needed wanted to get a walk in anyway, so the zoo seemed like a perfect solution.
The zoo is so different in the winter time.
Lots of the animals are hibernating, but we did get to see some animals that we had never noticed before.
John took his camera and got some great shots.
 John got a big kick out of this photo of the "thin ice" sign and all the animals that do not obey the sign.
 This orangatan was using an ipad with the zoo keeper and was doing a better job that I do with an ipad.
 The train was not running but John took this photo to show Soli that I was waiting by the tracks.
 Even though lots of animals were hibernating, the polar bear was active and fun to watch.
 John's favorite animal is the polar bear.
 I felt a little bad for these giraffes who are inside for the cold winter. 
I couldn't help but think that just maybe they would be happier on the Savannah in Africa.

 Here is a very happy giraffe though.
 The giraffes made me a little sad, but the rhino made me a lot sad.
He is in a very small little area for the winter and I know he would be happier in his native land.
 The tigers are beautiful and so have lots of area to roam.
 This one was taking his mid afteroon nap.
We had never seen these cute little tree kangaroos before because when we visit the zoo in the summer, we never go into the little animal houses where these little guys live. 

After our zoo visit, we headed over to Dave and Buster's for some pre-birthday dinner, drinks, and gaming.
We were like real senior citizens, which I guess we really are, eating at 4:30 to get the gaming special and ready to leave by 9:30.
For a mere $90.00, we enjoyed two long island ice tea in souvenir glasses, our dinners, two beers each, and two hours of gaming.
After our favorite games of Deal or No Deal  and Wheel of Fortune, we went to spend our tickets.  We were able to walk away with a nice new water bottle for biking or the gym, an ashtray in memory of my dad and John's folks, two laffy taffy sticks for the girls, and two finger fish that fly off when you pull them off your finger also for the girls.
I tried the skeeball which is still on of my favorites, but the pay off is not very good, so I walked away from that game for ones that paid off better.
I think I have my Dave and Buster's fix for a few years now.
 
Today my Preschoolers sang in church for Education Sunday.
They did an awesome job and I am a proud teacher.
Here they are.
Aren't they just so cute and they sing from their little hearts to praise Jesus.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails