Sunday, February 1, 2015

A Birthday Celebration with a few of my Favorite People

Friday was my birthday, but I guess you already know that if you read my last post.
I had a wonderful celebration in school that morning with 16 little preschoolers.
They have a way of making everything special and birthdays are no exception.
Tizita had Friday off so she was able to come for a sleepover which made my birthday even better.
John picked her up in Oshkosh on his way home from work on Thursday, they enjoyed a grandpa/granddaughter dinner and then came to Watertown.
On Friday, Tizita helped me at school.
She loves to help the kids with craft projects and she is good at it.  I see some serious teacher qualities in her, but she wants to be a snow plow driver, artist, and hair stylist.
Here I am with my class.

Here is Tiz working with the kids.

After school, we hurried home to make two birthday cakes.
Our four tiered cake did not turn out very well due to the fact that we could not get the cakes out of the pans, but Tiz, in her ever optimistic way, said, "It will be all right, Grandma, we will laugh about this someday."
After all was said and done, the cake was fine.  Tiz glued it together with frosting and had a great time decorating it.

My mom, Tizita, John, and I went to the Mine Shaft in Hartford for dinner and gaming on Friday night.
It was such a fun time and Tiz totally dominated one of the games.
She won over 4500 tickets and was able to get a purple lava lamp.
This is just a small amount of her tickets.  The machine just kept spitting them out.  She needed to get a large bucket from the prize people to put them into.  It was so fun for her.  She was much like a celebrity.
John ordered me a special birthday drink, a flaming Hurricane, which was not only on fire, but tasted delicious.
When he ordered it, the waitress said to him, "Now just to make sure your wife is the one next to the little girl, not the one next to you, right?"  HA!  The one next to him was my mom.
Maybe turning 62 isn't so bad after all.
When we got home, I opened the goody box and got a perfect score of 10!

On Saturday morning, we had to take Tiz home in time for a play practice, so we decided to take Soliana to Chuck E Cheese for some more gaming fun.
She had such a great time and she asked if just she, grandpa, and I could come again.
Of course, we will come again, sweet girl.
Here are some photos of her enjoying the outing.




John and I stayed overnight in Oshkosh, so we got to spend still more time with our precious granddaughters.
We woke up on Sunday to a lot of blowing snow and cold temps, so we left early and made the drive home in the snow.
What a great birthday and it is not over yet.
Next weekend Alissa joins the fun and we are all heading up to Oshkosh for another celebration.
I am blessed and a bit spoiled.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails