Sunday, February 8, 2015

Birthday Celebration, Take Two

I had another fun birthday celebration this weekend.
This time it included Mal, Alissa, and Courtney's family.
On Friday night, Alissa arrived and John, my mom, Alissa, Mal and I went to Bismark's for a few beers and dinner.
The good news was we had great drinks, food, and conversation.
The bad news was that we all smelled like a fried fish when we left.  The smell lingered on our clothes for days.
We went over to Fire Cracker to continue our night.
On Saturday, Lissa and I headed up to Oshkosh for a girls outing.
Tiz had play practice, so after a lunch at Hot Dog Charlie's, we dropped her off.  Soli, Courtney, Lis, and I enjoyed an afternoon of shopping at Hobby Lobby and the Outlet Mall.  Alissa got weak and needed a coffee so we had some pick me ups at Crispy Cream.
We dropped Soli and Lis off at the Van Auken home while Courtney, Tiz, and I shopped at the Dollar Tree.  I had promised Tiz we could do that since she missed our whole afternoon with her practice.
She bought ten items that she simply could not live without.
We met Paul, Soli, and Lis over at Christiano's for pizza.
After our yummy meal, Lis, Courtney, and I enjoyed gallery walk in downtown Oshkosh.  We ended up at Becket's for a drink but the old man band was so loud, we opted to leave and head over to another bar for a few more drinks and lots of great, fun conversation.
It was another fun way to celebrate my birthday.
On Sunday, we had sweet treats for breakfast along with some creamy milk that Paul purchased,  It pretty much grossed Courtney and I out, so Courtney ran to the gas station for some skim milk.
The weather was pretty nasty, so Lissa and I headed out by 9:15.
We did not have any problems along the way.
The girls got me a fibbit so I am busy trying to get that up and running.
Another fun weekend.  Turning 62 is not so bad after all.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails