Monday, May 16, 2016

Time to Catch up

Well, it appears that I am behind in my blogging.
Let me try and catch you up because I am sure you are just holding your breath to hear about my exciting life.
My kids sang in church on Mother's Day.
They sang "I am Jesus' Little Lamb" and they sang it beautifully.  A wonderful gift to their moms.
On the Friday before Mother's Day, John and I took mom to Menard's to buy our flowers and plants for our yard followed by dinner at the Blue Moon in Lake Mills.  We all enjoyed the pizza and a few beers.  It was nice to spend that time with mom.
Even though we live together, our daily routines can get in the way of just sitting and talking together.
On Saturday, John and I went to Mirror Lake State Park for some hiking.
It was a beautiful day and we enjoyed the pretty scenery.
John actually agreed to bring the Merrimac Ferry home, so my Mother's Day could not have been any better.  I love taking that ferry.
So often when I suggested taking it, the girls and John would protest and then conveniently miss the exit.
Here are a few photos from our day:









On Sunday after my kids sang, we went over to Vikki and Kev's for a brunch.
It was very good.
Came home and worked around the yard.
All in all, a nice, relaxing Mother's Day.

This past weekend, Soli, Tiz and Courtney came out on Saturday to do some city wide rummaging.
It was so cold, there were even some snow flakes flying about.
We found many good bargains including an igloo for Soli, a stuffed monkey for Soli, an inflatable sleeping bag also for Soli and some electrical thing for Tiz as well as some horses with moving heads.  It was a very successful rummaging day, but could have been even better if the weather was more cooperative.
Courtney left to return home while the girls had a sleepover.
We baked, painted, played in the igloo, and watched TV.
It was a fun weekend.
After church on Sunday, we had lunch at Culver's and headed to Oshkosh where the girls planted some fairy gardens.
Another very nice weekend.
There, no I have caught you up on things.
 



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails