Monday, June 6, 2016

School's Out for Summer and a Long, Wonderful Weekend with Tiz and Soli

First of all, Another year of school is over.
We had a fun end of the year concert, my kids were little birdies and sang some fun songs about birds.
We also sang at the 8th grade closing service for the first time ever.  The Preschoolers loved the song and sang their little hearts out.  We will definitely do it again.
I was given a gift for my 15 year anniversary of teaching at St. John's. 
I never intended to be there this long or have the preschool I started turn into such a huge success, but God had other plans.
I know 15 years isn't very long, but I had already had a "retirement" type party when I left Mary Linsmeieer after 22 years.  I went to St. John's with the intention of cutting back by just working mornings in a 3 year old preschool class that I started.
Well, now I work full time teaching 2, 3, and 4 year old preschool with an assistant teacher and an aide.
I am happy doing what I do and hopefully I can do it for a few more years at least.
So, School's out for summer!
I will be tutoring again this summer and watching my two favorite kids Kaliyah and Treyton (well, favorite, not grandkids) a few days each month.

We just got home from Oshkosh after a wonderful long weekend with Soli and Tiz.
They came home with John on Friday night.
We mixed up four different bubble recipes to see which one worked the best.  Our bubble experiment ended in a big water fight.
After that Soli and I did a bunch of chalk drawings in the driveway.
Tiz was in her favorite spot watching TV.
On Saturday, we used our free zoo pass and visited the zoo before we attended another play, Lilly's Plastic Purple Purse at First Stage in Milwaukee.
Our goal at the zoo was to ride the Zoo Mobile, see the Big Bug display, and then do whatever else we could fit into our day since we had to be at the play by 3:30.
We had a great time at the zoo, accomplished all that we wanted and a bit more even though it rained from lunch time on.
The play was awesome, we are never disappointed with those plays.
The girls fell asleep on the way home, so we just ordered in some pizza and watched a chipmunk movie.
Here are some photos from Friday and Saturday:















On Sunday, we went to church.
After church we took a bike ride to St. Vinney's parking lot.  
The girls then enjoyed a spin in the Escalade.
We headed back to Oshkosh in time for the girls' soccer practices.

Today, Tiz and I took a bike ride around Oshkosh and made it home just in time before a big downpour.
We all tie dyed after our bike ride.  Stay tuned for finished products.
In the afternoon, Soli and I took a bike ride.
John picked me up after work and we are back in Watertown.
It was a wonderful weekend.







 
 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails