Tuesday, July 19, 2016

And They Have Arrived Safely in Ethiopia

I tracked their flight until I saw that it had landed safely in Ethiopia at 11:00 P.M.
I get not comfort from watching that blip of a plane because I always fear that blip will suddenly disappear, but I did breathe a sigh of relief when I saw it safely on the ground.
Courtney was able to text me as they landed so that was nice, too.
She said the girls did great on the long flight.

Courtney has been able to text and even post a few photos to FB these past two days.
It helps so much to know that she is doing that.  Once I see their smiling faces, I know they are okay.

Here are the three photos she posted today:
 This is at a coffee shop.
Tiz is enjoying some hot chocolate.
 Here they are at Natnael's grave.
Courtney said it was a pretty long walk to get there, but they found it.
Their friends who run a day care center in Ethiopia walked out there with them.
What a special family photo!
I am sure Natnael is smiling down at them as they pose at his grave.
And these are children of the family that runs the center.
I smile because for once, the girls are in the majority!
But, I am guessing, no one sees skin color in this group.

I feel better now.
Admittedly, the hardest part for me is the plane trip.

Tomorrow John and I are heading up to Oshkosh to check out the house, play with the cat, and just generally feel close to them.

Till next time.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails