Friday, November 20, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

I usually put all my Christmas decorations and tree up on the weekend after Thanksgiving, but this year the bug bit early and I now have my Christmas village up and lit. It did hurt to put the snow under the village because I do not want the real snow to come any too soon, but the white stuff under the village is only a blanket of cotton after all. Today I added the living room, dining room, and kitchen decorations. I was just in the right mood for all of this. Some years it is such a chore to haul it all up and then arrange it all, but this year it just all fell into place and I actually enjoyed putting it all up. The tree will probably go up the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. Since our Thanksgiving is not anything big this year it won't matter if we sort of skip that holiday and roll right into the next. We will have turkey, the trimmings, and yummy desserts, but it will only be my mom, my brother, Mallory, Alissa, John, and me so there is no need to have anything too out of the ordinary. Oh and the Packers play that day, so it will seem just like a regular "Sunday" on a Thursday for this family!
Anyway, I know you are all anxious to see the village so without further ado, here it is:
This is the town church, school, and one house. The house and the church were the first pieces I got for the village many years ago and they are connected by a short cord so they always have to be next to each other.I just got this new addition last year. One of our favorite holiday movies is "A Christmas Story" and this it from the scene where the little boy got his tongue stuck on the flagpole. Funny stuff! Here's the hotel district of town which has a restaurant, hotel, brewery, and gas station.This is the hill for sledding, the ice skating rink, warming house, and town square.

I also have a candy shop, cookie shop, and a movie theater, but the sun was streaming in the window behind that area and I couldn't get a good photo of that area. I am anxious to see Tizita's reaction to my village. It should be fun!

4 comments:

Lissa said...

Oh. My. God. You have lost it. Is the Red Light District over by the hotel area too? I assume so.

Thank god Thanksgiving is small this year. I'm already dreading all the chewing.

Kim said...

We got bit by the decoration bug early this year too. I put my decorations out last Sunday and the tree went up on Wednesday. Usually we do it the weekend after Thanksgiving but this year we won't be home so I wanted to have it done before we left on our trip. Village is looking good and I'm sure Tiz will love it.

Your Pal, M said...

Sometimes I worry about you...

madj said...

She has inspired me, too as the outside is now aglow!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails