Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Necessary things learned from a grandma

Getting back to my last weekend visit with Tizita, I wanted to share with you a few of the imp0rtant things that I taught her while I was visiting.First of all, I taught her to eat her breakfast in front of the TV. Each morning we put in an Elmo video, same one everyday and we sat on the floor and had our Yogurt Cheerios. We had a few spills, but nothing that couldn't be cleaned up quickly. One day she ate four bowls of cereal while engrossed in Elmo's country singing. The beauty of this arrangement is that while she sits and eats for almost an hour, I could get some things done for Courtney and Paul. I suggested that Courtney may want to continue this ritual just to be able to get some work done, but I hear crocheting and online farming can be done with Tizita engaged in other activities.
Secondly, I taught her to play the piano. Well, not really, but we made up quite a few songs and composed our own music to go with them. Her song went something like this:
Jesus walks in Heaven
Jesus walks in Heaven
Jesus walks in Heaven
I will walk there, too.
She came up with this song all on her own. I think she has some of her papa's musical abilities!
We also had fun making thunderstorms on the piano. She made the thunder and I did the rain.
Next, I showed her how to play Elmo games on the computer. Here she is showing me what she wants to dress Elmo in for his day. If only I could keep her fast fingers off all the keys, but that will come in time. She also watched a few Elmo videos online. I am getting her ready for the Sesame Street Live performance that we will be taking her to in a few weeks.And, lastly, I taught her that you are never too old to dress up and act silly!
There you have it, some important life lessons learned from Grandma!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails