Sunday, November 1, 2009

A Wonderful Weekend in Oshkosh - Part 1

Just returned from a wonderful mini vacation for me up in Oshkosh. I had five glorious days with my precious little Tizita, the first two all my own, meaning no one else was up there yet, the rest of the family didn't arrive until Friday. Of course, Courtney and Paul were there, but they took full advantage of my presence to enjoy some free time of their own.
On Wednesday we enjoyed a nice dinner and I had some great Tizita time. Thursday we did a bunch of organizing and cleaning before getting ready for the Trick or Treating event in downtown Oshkosh. Since Tizita was going as Elmo, I suggested we all go as Elmos, so Courtney pulled out her hand made Elmo hats and one Cookie Monster hat and that is exactly what we did.The event was so much fun despite the gloomy, rainy weather. Many people commented on the Cute Elmo family plus Cookie Monster. There were free games to play on the square as well as pumpkin painting. All the merchants had candy, so you got to walk in all the different stores and check them out while you got your treat. After our fun there we had a delicious shrimp stir fry that Courtney threw together. More Tizita playtime and another fun day.
On Friday morning Kev, Mal and my mom, the birthday girl arrived. Courtney took Kev and Mal to tour the University of Oshkosh while my mom and I had a tea party with Tiz. I put Tiz down for her nap, very successful. Alissa, Nathan, and John arrived around 6:00 and we all headed over to Becket's for a birthday dinner. What a wonderful place to celebrate Gigi's 81st birthday.After our tasty dinner we went back to Courtney and Paul's and had presents and cake. It was a fine celebration for Gigi's 81st!
I will continue with this post in a day or two...

2 comments:

madj said...

I can hardly wait for installment #2.

Kim said...

I like the new pic at the top of the blog and the one of all those Elmos ;o) Looking forward to
part 2. It sounds like another great celebration.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails