Friday, October 8, 2010

Post 500 - A Tribute to Fall and a teacher in the making

Post number 500, wow, that is a lot of blogging. I really do enjoy this way of keeping track of my personal memories and I hope someday, my children or grandchildren will appreciate this record I have kept for them and if no one ever reads it, I won't know the difference anyway, so I will just keep a-bloggin' I am starting out today with this picture of Tizita pretending to be the teacher in preschool today. If imitating someone is the height of flattery, then I am very, very flattered because Tiz is totally mimicing me when she pretends to teach. I just love to hear the way she has my stern voice down to a T as she "scolds" her imaginary students. I know there is a quote that describes this flattery thing, but I can't remember what it is, if any of my half dozen readers knows it, let me know via comment.
Now on to the beautiful fall weather we have been blessed with this past week. It has been absolutely gorgeous outside. The temps have hit the high seventies with not a bit of humidity, the leaves are beautiful right now and the skies are the bluest blue you've ever seen this side of Seattle. (Now that song I remember) And I always heard it rained a lot in Seattle, but I digress. Anyway, everyday this week I have taken my Preschoolers outside to enjoy the fall. We have collected leaves, made leaf men, thrown leaves at one another, crunched leaves under our feet, painted with leaves, played with leaves in the sensory table, and made leaf crowns. In other words, we have been up to our ears in Fall leaves and it has been so much fun to experience Fall first hand.
This tree is right in front of our school and we have been doing most of our activities right under this tree. What a beautiful sign of fall right at our fingertips.

Here is a picture of our parachute full of leaves just before we tossed them into the air. The laughter coming from the kids as the leaves fell on them was just as refreshing as the crisp air.
My favorite weatherman, Charlie Shortino says this is going to be the best weather weekend ever so I am looking forward to some more fun times experiencing fall over the next two days. Today we go to the pumpkin patch with the Preschoolers. This is roughly my28th year of visiting pumpkin patches with students and I think this is going to be the best weather day yet. Couple that with the fact that Tiz will be with me and we have a lunch date afterward and it cannot get much better than that, right?
So, Happy Fall everyone! Now if we could just skip what we know comes next...


Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails