Sunday, October 17, 2010

Treasures from the Alpha Pregnancy Silent Auction

Last night John and I attended the Alpha Pregnancy Center's Silent Auction and dinner. This is our second time attending and I hope to make it an annual event for us. We, mostly me, bid on many items and actually won a good number of them to the tune of $351.00 and we came home with many, many goodies. If John was still unemployed we would not have been able to give so generously, but with John working and with my full day schedule this year, we are blessed indeed and are more than happy to pay some of it forward to a good cause. Here are some of the things that we, okay, mostly me, bid on and won. There is lots of coffee, marguarita mix, wine, micro brews,(notice a drink theme going on here) Christmas cards, a beach towel, candles, and
Lots of hair products (valued at $180.00 and I got it for $21.00), a set of golf items with the pink breast cancer theme, a grandma book, a movie package, and that is not all,

A wine basket with wine glasses, candy, pretzels, and a towel and yes, there is still more.

It is almost unending, isn't it? Here is a package of wrapping paper, cards, bows, and bags (valued at $80.00, I got it all for &13.00) a teddy bear, some kids' books, and kids' socks from the Gap. We also got a gift card for a live Christmas tree. This year I decided we would go with a live tree, so that was perfect.
Wow, until we actually went around and collected our goodies, I had no idea just how much we had purchased. It was a very fun, productive evening! We are looking forward to doing it all again next year.



1 comment:

madj said...

My back is STILL aching from that box carrying across a dark parking lot, not to mention my wallet. It is a great cause and I, too, am gald to be blessed enough to help out in this small way.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails