Friday, March 18, 2011

Bring on the weekend!

I mentally checked out of my classroom sometime around one today. It is Friday and it has been a long week. We have one more week before Spring break and the weather is finally taking a turn toward spring, all this added to my decision to just go through the motions. My afternoon class is quite capable of entertaining themselves and actually they can teach themselves, too. They are fifteen of the most "know it all" Preschoolers I have ever run into, so I didn't feel even a twinge of guilt about this afternoon.

I actually got a lot accomplished. I put up a new Easter display out in the hall with some really cute Easter eggs that the kids made today, I changed our airplane into a boat for next week, I emptied all the beans out of the sensory table and got it ready for next week's water fun. The kids kept busy with all the transportation activities that were out for this month. We ended our afternoon with a late, long snack and then the weekend began.

Tomorrow we are heading up to Oshkosh to get Tizita and take her to the children's museum in Appleton. The last time John and I took her to that museum was two years ago. It will be fun to see how much more involved she will be in all the activities this time around. I expect she will control the agenda and tell us just what we need to do. After the museum we are heading back to Watertown for a sleepover. Alissa is coming out to join us which will make it lots of fun. Tiz loves to play with her friend, Alissa. It should be a great weekend indeed. Bring it on. I am ready!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Have a great time at the museum and the sleepover. Sounds like a wonderful time!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails