Thursday, March 31, 2011

More sprng break fun!

It is Thursday of my spring break and as it always happens to me, the whole week is going by way too quickly. I am notorious for saying, "Now it is almost over," on Wednesday of our vacation weeks. The first few days always go nice and slowly and I say, "Wow, the time is going so nice and slowly," then by Wednesday morning I change my tune and the rest of the week is downhill and always goes by so quickly. And so it is with my spring break... Even if it is going by so quickly, it has been packed with fun times which I will share with you now. After the fun time at the museum with Lynne and company (see previous post), we went out to Fratello's for dinner. The food was very yummy as were the beers. The tablecloths are butcher paper and they give you crayons, so we had some fun drawing things as we waited for our food.
Grandpa put Tizita to bed on Saturday night after our dinner so Courtney and I could go out for a few glasses of wine and some nice conversation. It was the perfect way to toast my spring break. When we got home Tiz was asleep and Grandpa was watching a horror movie on retro TV about some sea monsters. Of course, Courtney and I were talking too loudly so he had to turn the TV up so as not to miss any of the important dialog of that suspenseful movie.
Early the next morning Tizita was up and doing crafts with Grandpa while Courtney needled and I organized. John was headed home that day so he had to pack in a lot of playing before he left.
After Grandpa left, Tizita and I took a spin on her little car. The hardwood floors in the Van Auken house make for some smooth, fast driving. We did bump into a few walls and we had a few crashes along the way, but nothing too serious.

Tizita and I spent about two hours up in her playroom. We played a lot of school, of course, she is the teacher while I am the student. She can be tough at times. Wonder where she gets that from? After a yummy dinner Tiz went to bed and Paul, Courtney, and I relaxed and watched TV. Since they don't watch much TV I had to bring them up to speed on The Amazing Race and Celebrity Apprentice.
On Monday, Tiz and Paul went to school while I finished up the cleaning and organizing and Courtney did some more "needling." We picked Tiz up from school and had another full afternoon of play. We made some brownies with the Easy Bake oven. Somehow the two of us managed to get more dough on the table than in the pan.
As you can tell, the brownies were yummy. We had Courtney's favorite hot dish for supper and after Tiz was asleep we had a few beers and watched Due Date which I highly reccommend for a good laugh.
We were up with the chickens on Tuesday, my last day in Oshkosh. As Tiz said, "We did not want to waste any of the daylight," and we didn't! We started with major crafting. Numerous projects were assembled. We painted, glued, colored, markered, and cut.

We went out for some shopping. At Hobby Lobby, Courtney had to ask me and Tiz to stop touching everything after we knocked a few items down, no breakage though. We had lunch at the New Moon, shopped at the Library book sale, and before we knew it, it was time for me to leave.

One of the highlights of the organizing binge I was on, was finding Courtney and Alissa's and possibly a few of Mallory's old Barbies along with a bunch of Barbie clothes. Tizita had such fun washing their hair, giving them baths, and then putting them out to dry.

The next day we styled all their hair and dressed them to the nines. I hope Tizita will enjoy playing with these dolls as much as her mom and sister did.
So that is how I got to Thursday of my spring break. I did enjoy a dinner at Applebee's with my good friend, Pam last night. We had to take some time to catch up on one another's lives and that we did. Today I have been doing a lot of nothing which has been nice, too. Tomorrow mom and I will go out to lunch with Mallory and do some shopping and then it will be the weekend, just like any other weekend and this spring break will be history! It will go down in the the history books or at least in this blog as a memorable, fun week.

3 comments:

Verna said...

Time away from our normal job normally goes much to fast. I spent Wed watn tx nching and playing with Kenley the day was very short. Glad you are having fun time on this break.

Verna said...

That should say watching and playing

Kim said...

Does look like quite the fun week!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails