Monday, April 4, 2011

If only Ken had been cremated

One of my favorite memories of my dad is how he used to use our basement fireplace to burn all our paper on Saturday mornings. I loved sitting down there with him and poking around at the fire. I still enjoy burning up our paper while poking around in the fire. Apparently that love has rubbed off on Tizita. We didn't let her poke around in the fire, but she sure did enjoy getting up close and personal with it. Here is my brother who actually looks very much like my dad sharing his fire skills with his girlfriend's son, Nick.
As we were enjoying the fire on this winter night, I couldn't help by think about my dad. I figured if we had him cremated, we would probably sprinkle a few of his ashes on the fire each time we poked around in one. I like to think he would have liked that!

But, he was not cremated, so this idea will not work, maybe I need to be cremated and kept on top of this fireplace so my family can put a few of my ashes in there during each fire.

Huh...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails