Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Growing a salad

Sunday was a near perfect day to work around our yard. John cut the lawn and I finished planting our garden. We are so anxious for that first salad! Here is a little tour of our yard: This is the welcome sign that my friend, Lynne gave me a few years ago. I added two birdhouses behind it this year. Just waiting for a few birds to take up residence.

Here is our garden. I planted tomatoes, cukes, peas, and watermelon from seedings this year to speed up the harvest. I planted carrots, radishes, two kinds of lettuce, spinach, zinnias, and marigolds from seeds.




My favorite flowers are daisies and they are just starting to bloom all over our yard. I cannot wait to bring them in and have them decorating the house. Nothing says summer like a daisy!


This was my gift from Tizita for Mother's Day.

These primroses from Pearl and Herb's yard are scattered all around the year in different beds. Not only do they remind me of Pearl and Herb, but they are pretty to boot.



This is the front of the house with our plants from Ebert's. I always buy one basket for mom and she buys me one for Mother's Day. We are both happy with our selections this year!

The best part of the day was enjoying our first bike ride of the season. It was about 15 miles and we both came back tired, sore, but alive! Getting in shape for our big ride on Memorial Day weekend.

On Sunday night we had hard rain storms and hail. I worried about my tomatoes, but upon inspection, we will still be enjoying our salads soon.

















No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails