Friday, May 13, 2011

A Rummage, a late Mother's Day, a Farm, and other tidbits

We are in for a big weekend. Tizita and Courtney arrived on Thursday for Preschool in the AM. I had a big meeting about teacher assignments for next year and it was a bit heated and lasted a little long for my tastes, but finally I could get home to my Tiz. We got things ready for the big city wide rummage sale which we are having on Friday and Saturday. Grandpa came home from work and proceeded to carry Tiz around in our Market Day bag. Such silliness! On Friday the Preschoolers and Kindergarteners headed to Schuster's Playtime Farm in Deerfield. Here Tiz is with Jacob enjoying the bus ride.

At the farm, the kids got to pet lots of animals, feed goats, plant a plant, play on an awesome playground, and ride a barrel train. It was definitely a fun day despite the cloudy weather.


And on the way home Jacob and Tizita were all tuckered out and fell asleep. How sweet it that?

Courtney ran my rummage sale until I got home from our field trip and a lunch at Allianna's for all of us after the farm. I thought I would come home to empty tables and lots of money, but there was still plenty left to sell!

After we shut down the sale for today,we went to Ebert's which has become an annual trip on our Mother's Day whenever we celebrate that day. Tiz had fun pulling the wagon around. I bought peas, cucumbers, tomatoes, and watermelon for our garden. I decided that this year I would be putting in started plants instead of seeds to speed our process along. I cannot wait to get to those fresh veggies.


I have taken a picture of Tiz each year for the last few years and here she is holding a pretty plant.

Tiz again used her photography skills to take this nice shot of the three of us! We all agree we have the same nose!

There is more tomorrow with another day of rummage, Paul joining us, dinner out, and lots of Tiz time. It is going to be a great weekend.

















No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails