Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

Every other year, Courtney, Paul, and Tizita go to spend Mother's Day with Paul's mom and we head to Alissa and Nathan's to spend the day with them. This year, as usual did not disappoint. We started out with a visit to John's mom and dad at the nursing home when Jack lives. It was a nice visit and we left feeling good about how things are going with Jack.
Alissa, Nathan, John, and I headed down to the third ward to browse in a few of the unique shops and then we headed over to A.J. Bombers for their award winning burgers. They did not disappoint. The burgers and fries were yummy.

Here are Alissa and I on the big chair outside of the restaurant. I think we look really little on the big chair leading me to think that if I purchase really big furniture, I will appear smaller!

From there we headed to McGinn's for a few pitchers before going back to the Hunter Pub where we had more drinks and played a lot of wii. The men broke into the scotch which I know they thoroughly enjoyed. I could tell by the loud uncontrollable laughing that was going on during the wii playing. I don't think I have heard John laugh that loud for a long time. Lis and I smoked them in a few wii game shows because they claimed they couldn't see the screen!
We stayed up really late and slept in really late, too. It felt good, just the perfect way to spend Mother's Day.

John and I headed home around lunch time and did some yard work.

My mom spent her Mother's Day with Kev and Vikki's family by going out to brunch at the Golden Mast. We had taken her out on Friday night for some pizza and beer, so she got to have a nice Mother's Day, too.

This week I have to get ready for the big rummage sale which will be on Friday and Saturday. We will also be celebrating Mother's Day with Courtney and Paul next weekend.

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms reading my blog.




1 comment:

Kim said...

Looks like a great Mother's Day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails