Monday, September 3, 2012

Our First Outing with Sweet Soliana

Our Labor Day Sunday was a perfect day.
I had suggested to Courtney that perhaps she and Paul would like to spend some time with Tizita before she started Kindergarten.
Granted, I really do think it is a good idea to spend one on one time with your child, but I had big unterior motives.
I really wanted to spend some one on one time with Soliana.
My plan worked perfectly.
Courtney and Tiz had a mama/daughter outing which included pedicures and a movie, Paul had to do some work for his first day of school, and John and I got to have our very first outing with Soliana.
 
We started out with a visit to the zoo.

This is the camel that almost ate the baby.
I was wiping Soli's mouth while she sat in the stroller by the camel cage.
All of a sudden I thought John was shoving my shoulder, but I looked up and I saw a big camel head.  Yikes!
Soli seemed unfazed by the large head that invaded her space.
John and Soli take a break by the wolves.
We had to take a picture by the big globe just like we did with Tizita on her first visit to the park.
Here you can see that Soli is sitting by Africa.
Finally a big smile as we rode the train.  Soli and I sat together and Grandpa sat in the seat behind us.  The train was really hard on his knees!
After the train, we spent almost an hour at a picnic table eating ice cream sandwiches and playing with a bottle of water and a straw.
Such a happy baby and so easy to please.
This happiness is just because of the straw that she would take out and put in the water bottle.
John and I were laughing as much as she was.
It was good for all of us.
Then we moved on to our empty soda cup.  More fun!
The rest of the Van Auken family joined us for pizza at Cranky Pat's.
We were busy celebrating the end of summer.
Tiz, Paul, and I all start school tomorrow.
May it be a year of blessings for all of us.
 
A perfect Labor Day weekend!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails