Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Take a Peek into my Classroom

This school year is off to a great start.
I love teaching.
I miss teaching in the summer although I love my time off, too.
I have 39 Preschoolers this year.
21 of them are two and three years old and attend in the morings.
19 of them are four and five and attend in the afternoon.
This year well over half of them are boys.
Boys change the dynamic of the classroom, but it is still all good, just a bit louder.
I thought you might enjoy a peek into my classroom.
We begin each day with our Jesus circle time.
I have found that having the children sit on chairs during this time helps them pay attention and keep their hands to themselves.
We all enjoy our Jesus time.
I love telling them the Bible stories and watching them take it all in.
I love knowing that they all know Jesus and if anything happened to one of them, they would be in heaven.
I love knowing that I have the opportunity to share Jesus with them everyday. 

 Everyday we say the pledge.
I want my kids to know how great our country is and how much we need to respect what we have here and never take it for granted.
As  you can see, we are still working on our right hands, but it will come.
 And yes, we still pray in this classroom.
We begin and end each day with prayer and we thank Jesus each day before our snack.
I want my kids to know that they can talk to Jesus whenever they want or need and he will hear them.
 We have play time.
It is an important time for the children to socialize and make choices.
Playing school is always a favorite activity.
 Sometimes the kids take out lots of toys and activities.
It drives me a little crazy at clean up time, but we are learning to clean up, too.
 We do lots of learning, too.
I love watching this age learn.
They are so eager and enthusiastic.
These are my older children learning to cut, color, and stay on task.
 Everyday we have a star student.
This student gets to do lots of special things that day.
 There is a snack everyday brought by the star.
And yes, sometimes it is cupcakes and other unhealthy things.
We are not a sugar free classroom by any means.
We end our day with fun time in the gym or outside.
 
Yep, I have the best job in the world

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails