Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Hot Summer Days, Bring on the Fall/School starting weather

After our day at the Circus World Museum
John took me and Tizita to Oshkosh on his way to Iron Mountain.
It will be his last week up there, then he starts in Pewaukee.
The six weeks have gone fast and it was not as bad as I thought it could be.
Anyway when we got up to Oshkosh, Soliana wanted to go to ride the merry go round at the park, so John and I took Tiz and Soli to do just that.
We all rode the train, then the girls rode the merry go round, and we all enjoyed slushies and a snow cone for Tiz.
It was a good afternoon.
The heat had already set in.
We have not had heat like this all summer and now that school is starting it is in the high nineties and very humid.
John left around five for Michigan.
Courtney made us sweet corns and hot dogs for dinner.
She almost died from heat over the boiling pan.
We ate on their porch, it was hot.
They live in an big, old house that does not have air conditioning.
Most of the time it is fine, but when this summer heat sets in, it is HOT!
As much as I love being there, I was missing my AC on this visit.
Sleeping was hard on Sunday night due to the heat, but they do have ceiling fans and the little hot breeze there was coming in the windows flows through the upstairs.
We did survive, but Courtney and I decided that we needed to go somewhere with some AC on Monday.
We decided on Monkey Joe's.
The admission is all inclusive except for food and we knew we could kill a few hours there easily.
We pulled up to an empty parking lot, wow, we would be the only people there, great!
No, guess again, it was closed for remodeling.
Now what?
Well, we decided on Chuck E. Cheese.
Of course, Tiz was fine with that, Soli didn't care, and Courtney and I sucked it up.
It cost about three times what Monkey Joe's would have cost.
Doesn't help that Tiz goes through the tokens like they are free.
While we were eating our small over priced lunch, there was an announcement that Chuck E. himself would be making an appearance in five minutes.
They counted it down like it was some huge deal.
Well, he appeared for at most five minutes, led a lame dance, and threw out some free tickets that grown ups grabbed from little ones.
It was quite comical.
We finished our visit there by spending our 280 tickets (which cost us at least $30.00) on four rubber bracelets, two rolls of smarties, and one peace sign bracelet.
 
We headed back to Oshkosh, still too hot to go home, so we went to TJ Maxx.  Tried on lots of clothes, bought little, but stayed cool.
After that we picked up Paul and went to Glass Nickel for pizza.
It was there at Glass Nickel that I was totally ignored when I could not get my Miller Lite.
The waitress was all over Courtney and Paul and their fancy beers, but could care less about my Miller Lite.
Paul had to go get it off the bar at one point.
She also forgot to put in our pizza order, but that did work to our advantage since she did not charge us for it.
Needless to say, she did not get a very big tip.
Here I am with the girls at the restaurant.  As you can see, I have no Miller Lite to speak of.
After we got home, we all tried to sleep in spite of the sweat.
We did manage somehow.
Sometimes I don't know how we survived back in the day when no one had air in their homes.
Somehow we all did survive.
Now, it is not so much fun when it gets so hot.
We are spoiled I guess.
Today, it is still as hot.
Courtney brought me home.
I love the AC.
Soli came to visit my classroom because she will be starting in my class one day a week this year.
I feel so blessed to be able to be my granddaughters' first Preschool teacher. 
Soli has a lot of spunk, so ask me in about a month just how blessed I am feeling then.
 
At any rate, even with the heat, it was a fun few days.
It was a nice way to end the summer.
Now bring on the fall weather and school.
I am ready!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails