Saturday, October 12, 2013

Pumpkin Patch Field Trip

It is that time of the year again for my annual trip to Ebert's Pumpkin Patch with my Preschoolers.
This year was a special year since I had Soliana along for her first field trip.
I love how excited the parents are for this trip, for most of them it is the first time their little ones are going on a field trip.  I actually think the parents are more excited than the kids.
I am usually so pleased with how well Ebert's does a field trip.  I have been going there with Preschoolers for more years than I care to remember and each year I end up saying, "Wow, that was the best trip yet!"
However this year, I cannot say that.
I was told by an employee of Ebert's that they had overbooked for the day of our trip.
Since I had secured my spot in July, I was well ahead of the crowd.
The whole trip seemed so rushed to me.
I hope the kids didn't feel it like I did.
We started with a hayride to the patch to choose our pumpkin.
There is a banjo player who sings a song with each child's name as we ride out there.
Well, she has to sing so quickly because she had to jump off of our wagon and unto another one to sing with them.
After the pumpkin picking, we heard a story.
Again, it was done very quickly and started before we were all seated,
Definitely not the quality of other years.
The craft was a fun one this year, the kids made the square pumpkin from the story they had just heard, but again, the instructions were given before everyone even had a seat and I felt like the kids hardly had time to create their pumpkin before it was time to move out so another group could get in.
I have an evaluation to fill out and I plan on letting them know how I felt about this so they will be careful not to overbook again.
Will it keep me away from Ebert's next year?
No, it won't.
 
Here are a few pictures from the trip.






No matter what happens at the pumpkin patch, the best part of the whole trip for the kids is always the bus ride!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails