Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Happy Halloween

Tomorrow is Halloween.
I dislike anything Halloween.
I think it stems from the fact that I could never come up with a great costume either for myself or for my kids.
I didn't sew, therefore I was not able to create anything exciting for my girls.
They were gypsies.
It was easy to be a gypsy, long skirt, scarf on head, and big hoop earrings with lots of necklaces.
Yep, my girls were gypsies a lot.
I don't even think they knew what a gypsy was.
Oh well, we survived many Halloweens and enjoyed lots of treats over the years.
I remember one year, I dressed Lissa like a princess.
She wore one of my mom's red negligees over her big winter coat.
I don't even know if she had a wand or a crown.  I think Courtney was a gypsy that year.
One year, Lissa (why is it always Lissa?) went as a witch.
Her hat was so big that she took it off halfway through trick or treating.
At one house a lady actually asked her what she was.
I think she may be scarred for life.
I bet she doesn't like Halloween either.
I do remember one year where both of the girls had outstanding outfits.
Courtney made herself an old lady complete with gray wig and cigarette holder.
Lissa was Pippy Longstocking.
I put bent hangers in her long braids.  They curled up and out just like Pippy's.
Yep, that was a good year.
So, Happy Halloween to all.
Just remember, if you can't think of any costume, just be a gypsy!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails