Wednesday, December 25, 2013

And just like that, it is over for another year!

Today at 1:00 I said "Good-bye" to Courtney, Paul, Soliana, Tizita, Alissa, and Nathan.
My house is empty and quiet.
The first hour or so was sad and I felt myself on the verge of tears.
I missed them.
I missed all the magic and joy of Christmas.
It seems like we have fun things to look forward to since November.
We had fun weekends with the girls, we had Thanksgiving with everyone here this year, we had Tiz's Christmas service and shopping for her birthday, we had the light viewing at Country Springs, we had Mal's birthday, we had Santa fill our stockings, and then we had four days of pure joy for Christmas.
And just that quickly, it is all over.
I am better now.
I cleaned the house and found all the things that they left behind.
I loaded pictures and relived every precious moment.
Tomorrow John and I are leaving on a little vacation taking us to Chicago for a night, then to the Milwaukee Art Museum, the Van Auken B and B for one night, then four nights in a condo in Door County.
I planned this little trip because John had vacation time to use up before the end of the year and I knew it would be easier to say good bye to everyone if I had something fun to look forward to.
Here are a few pictures of our Christmas Eve.










Such a blessing to have us all together again right on Christmas Eve.
You never know what lies ahead for any of us in the New Year, so I am just grateful for another wonderful family Christmas.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails