Sunday, December 8, 2013

Of glue guns and self rising flour

It's been a productive weekend.
I started my baking on Friday night.
Made the usual No Names, Seven Layer Bars, and then tried some new m and m bars and some Christmas crack.
All turned out great.
On Saturday I decided to attempt to make an ornament wreath which I have seen on both FB and pinterest.
Since it involved hot glue, I was a bit worried because I am not very good with glue.
I usually have it everywhere, but I wanted to give this wreath a try.
Here are my supplies before I started:
 I bought a bunch of ornaments and this green wreath ring from Walmart.
And here is the final product
I am so happy with how it turned out.
I made two more of them already.
I am going to give one to Vikki and Kev and one to Courtney and Paul.
I really did not think I had it in me to do a project that actually turned out this well especially when it involved the hot glue gun.
On Saturday afternoon John and I went to Hobby Lobby in Oshkosh and then took Tizita out to Cherry Berry for some yogurt.
It was a short visit, but we had fun as we always do when we spend time with her or Soli.
There were some wreaths at Hobby Lobby that were not anywhere as cute as mine and they were priced at $120.00.
Who knew?
Today it is snowing outside.
I baked a few more things today, congo bars and kiss cookies.
I was attempting to make spritz, but noticed that the dough tasted so salty.
After some thinking, I realized that I had used self rising flour which has salt added to it.
I just threw the whole batch of dough away and called it a day.
It was indeed a productive, fun weekend.
I cannot believe that there are only two weeks of school left before Christmas.
These next two weeks will be filled with practice for our service.
I hope to keep the stress level low for both  me and the kids.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails