Thursday, May 29, 2014

Easing my way into summer

The first two day of summer vacation, I still got up and showered at my usual time.
I, then headed over to my classroom to clean and organize and reflect.
I was not quite ready to start the long, lazy days of summer, but after two days I think I have decided on a schedule that will make me happy.
You see, I even have to schedule my summer because I like routine.  It keeps me focused and on track.
Here are my goals for a typical day.
By posting them, I hope to make myself accountable to some degree so here goes.
I plan to spend at least 30 minutes in a private Bible study/meditation/prayer time.  I want to feel that inner peace that so many blog about.  I want to make God the center in my daily life and take all things that bother or stress me to him for his comfort.
I found two meditation/devotionals online for women, so I am using them along with reading my Bible and another devotional about senior moments.
I love Psalms so that is where I am starting, then hopefully I can work my way through some of my other favorites like Proverbs, Song of Solomon, and Ecclesiastes.
After my time with God, I want to spend time with Leslie Sandstone and her walk away the pounds tape.
I also do the eight minute arms and abs and yes, these are all still VHS tapes and I play them in my bedroom.
I use the walk away weighted balls which Soli and Tiz both use as boobs.
I am not looking to lose lots of weight although a few pounds would be nice, but I am just trying to keep my energy level high and stay in good enough shape to play down and dirty with Soli and Tiz.
I also know that exercise does wonders for stress, so that will be an added bonus.
Now, I am not saying that I have an enormous amount of stress compared to others  because I really do not, but there are a few things coming up this summer which could cause stress so I am trying to manage it.
I also found my I pod from ages ago and charged it up.
I listened to a few of the songs while walking with Leslie today.
I plan on taking an afternoon walks with my old favorites playing in my ear.
There is my plan for the summer.
I am only two days into this plan, but I am hoping by the end of two weeks it will have become a habit for me.
I will, of course, keep you all posted.
.

1 comment:

madj said...

This sounds like a great plan. I look forward to the transformation, not that I think you need one.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails