Thursday, May 1, 2014

Soli spends the night with us solo for the first time

Last weekend was a busy one.
On Friday night, we had the Candy Land extraordinaire at school.
After that, John and I went to Firecracker for a few beers to celebrate a successful Candy Land.
On Saturday morning I had the annual Early Childhood Fair at the High School.
My favorite part about going to this event is seeing so many of my old colleagues and friends that I don't get to see very often.  I made lots of connections in the Early Childhood field over the last 30 years!
This year for the first time since I started going to this event, I did not have to go in early and set up.
Our new blood at St. John's was excited to go early and cover the first shift.  I didn't go until 10:30, it was so nice.
John and I did the take down and took all the things back to school.
Then it was time to head up to Oshkosh to babysit Soli and Tiz.
Their mama and her sister, my two daughters, were having a sister weekend and Paul had a gig with his new band on Saturday night.
I was more than happy to offer to babysit!

Here are the sister enjoying their time together.
It makes this mama's heart happy to see how they love each other so much and enjoy time together!
We must have done something right.

As soon as we got to Oshkosh, Paul left for his gig, Tiz went off to a birthday party, and John and i had this little lady all to ourselves.
I brought her candy from the Candy Land game since she was unable to attend the event.
These are the gumdrops that she and her mama made for the Candy Land game.   They had a place of honor in the Gumdrop Mountains.
We had so much fun together.
We took some time to play the keyboards and do a bit of singing.
After Tiz got back from her party, we ordered pizza for dinner and then settled in for a night of movie watching.
On Sunday, we all went to church and then John and I brought Soli to Watertown to spend the night with us.
Tiz and Paul needed to go to school early on Monday so Soli would have no where to go until Courtney returned on Monday morning.
Again, we were happy to help out.
Since she slept on the way from Oshkosh to Watertown from 3-4, I was worried about bedtime.
I thought she might miss Courtney to begin with but add to that the late nap and I hoped we could get her to sleep.
I started the process at 7:30 after playing, watching TV, and snacking.
She finally fell asleep just before ten.
It was a long process, but not an ugly one at all.
She did not cry or seem to miss her family, she just wasn't tired.
In the morning, I had to get her up by 6:30 so we could go to school together.
She was a trooper and got up, got dressed, ate, and was ready to head out the door by 7:00.
She had an awesome day at school and was so happy to see her mama when she came to pick her up after school.
I loved every minute of the busy weekend, especially our time with sweet Soli.
Can't wait for the next time we get to spend time with her and Tizita.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails