Saturday, May 10, 2014

High Cliff State Park

Today John and I delivered this antique wardrobe to Courtney and Paul.
It had belonged to my grandma and I have find memories of that piece of furniture
It was one piece of hers that I wanted after she died.
I remember it being in my grandma and grandpa's bedroom and I loved looking at all the treasures that my grandma stored in those doors and drawers.
I had it for many years, but now I am looking to get rid of a few items and maybe get a few new ones.
When Courtney showed interest in this wardrobe, I gladly passed it on to her.
It is very important to me that it stays in the family and now it will.
Courtney is planning on taking it to a furniture restoration place that also paints things in vibrant colors.
I think it will look very nice when she is finished with it.
We got to spend about a half hour with the girls which is always fun.
They were busy planting and sprucing up their yard when we arrived.
Tiz told us that she had scored a goal in her first soccer game and Soli proudly showed us her very own garden.
We left Oshkosh to go up to High Cliff State Park.
It was a beautiful spring day, the kind we had been waiting for all through this long winter.
I had not been to High Cliff State Park since camping there with the Girl Pioneers when my girls were about ten and eight, John had never been there.
We started out at the lookout tower.
Anyone who knows me, knows that I don't do towers.
My legs just won't go up those stairs, but today I was brave.
I made it to the top!


After our climb, we hiked a few of the trails.











Lots of pretty scenery, well marked trails, and info signs along the way.
This is the area where, I think, we camped way back in the day.
It was labeled group camping and I remember the only bathroom was a pit toilet.
I slept in a tent with another mom and had to use a pit toilet for a week.
Longest week of my life, but I did it for my kids!
Tomorrow is Mother's Day, I will be spending it with my mom, Kevin, Vikki, Mallory, and Nic.
My kids will be singing in church, well, not only singing, but also playing instruments and then we will be going out to a brunch.
The rest of the day is mine to do with as I please!  
Happy Mother's Day to all.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails