Monday, July 28, 2014

A 5K, an impersonator, and a rainy bike ride

Here is a summary of a weekend full of mixed emotions.
On Friday I had a wonderful visit with Pam Wilke.
It was long overdue but as usual, even when we do not see one another for a long time, we just pick up right where we left off and the conversation flows so easily.
That is how it is with true friends.
Emotion - pure joy.

On Saturday Lynne and I walked a 5K for Lebanon Lutheran School.
It was a great route through the country.
We got these cool shirts and many treats along the way.
It was so nice to share this walk with Lynne.
While we did not win a medal in our age division, we did finish in a good place.
Emotion - accomplished

On Saturday night, John and I watched a few good movies.
Emotion - content

On Sunday after church, I quickly went on FB and noticed I had 12 messages and many notifications.
I knew something was up with that, but I certainly did not expect that it would be an impersonator who had hacked my account.
It took me a long time to make the necessary changes and report the incident, but I think everything is as it should be.
Scary stuff out there.  As wonderful as technology is, there are many risks involved.
Emotion - very upset, angry, violated, and frustrated
 
John and I had planned to go on a bike ride despite some scattered shower warnings.
After the FB impersonation, I thought a bike ride would get rid of some of my frustration so we headed to the New Berlin Trail and rode from Frame Park to New Berlin.
The rain started lightly at first but by the time we sought shelter under a bridge it was pouring.

 We were more than a little wet and there was a dead mouse sharing our space under the bridge, can you say Gross!
When the rain stopped we rode through many puddles on our way back to Waukesha.
We had to ride really fast and there were two more rain showers on the six mile ride back.
It was a wet, fast, windy ride, but in the end it was a great workout.
Emotion - thankful and relieved

We celebrated our safe return to our dry car with an early dinner at Sonic.
We also enjoyed two Diet Cokes.

Emotion - Satisfied
See what I mean about a weekend full of emotions.
Some bad, but for the most part, all really good.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails