Sunday, October 5, 2014

Another Busy, Fun filled Weekend Comes to a Close

This is the weekend that I had hoped to take the girls on our annual pumpkin patch trip to Waldvogel's in Beaver Dam with the girls.
The weather, however, had different ideas for our plans.
We woke up to a cold, rainy Saturday with no promise of an end to the rain, so we came up with a different plan.
We met the girls and Courtney up in Fond du lac at Schreiner's Restaurant.  My mom and dad used to stop at this restaurant often on their trips up north.  My mom tells about one time when they pulled into what they thought was Schreiner's.  (I am still not clear on how this mix up actually happened)  My mom and dad walked in and my dad proceeded to order two bloody marys.  Well, he was quite surprised when  the waitress told him they did not have any alcohol at the I Hop.
Yep, they had walked into any I Hop thinking it was Schreiner's.  My mom seems to say they both had blue roofs and that explained their confusion.
We all just laugh about the story.  My dad can still make us laugh years after he died.
Anyway we had a great lunch and told the girls the Ken story.

Courtney left to go home and we took the girls to the museum.
We thoroughly enjoyed this museum.  It is smaller than other ones we have gone to, but the girls found lots of things to do and seemed to have a really good time.
One of their favorite spots was the pizzeria where John and I were there customers over and over again.  Random kids were also serving us, we were definitely overfed.

There was also a transportation with a bus, a train, a plane, and a few boats.



Another taught kids about physical activity and had stations where you did exercises.

After the museum, we went to a cute little ice cream shop about ten miles south of Fond du lac, Kelly's Creamery.
The ice cream was so yummy and the flavors were so unusual.
We took the girls back to Oshkosh, did a little shopping, and had dinner at Fazoli's before heading home to Watertown.
It was a fun Saturday.
Today, (Sunday) I went to a Holy Henhouse Workshop with Pam Wilke at our school.  It was an interesting presentation and it was good to spend time with Pam.
Now it is quiet time to relax and get ready for another fun week.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails