Sunday, October 26, 2014

Leaves, Leaves, Everywhere and A Silent Auction to Boot

We have planned Pumpkin patch trips with the girls two weekends in the past.  Both of those weekends were rainy, windy, and cool.
This weekend, the weather could not have been better for any outdoor activity, but it was not our weekend with the girls, so our big pumpkin patch trip to Waldvogel's will not happen this year.
We did get to visit that much smaller patch last weekend in between rain showers and it was very nice, but I still miss the "glitz" of the big commercial patch.
We started out our weekend on Friday  night with dinner and a few beers at Bismark's with  my mom, Kev, Vikki, and Mallory.
Always a fun to drink and chat with them.
On Saturday, John and I had to do the grocery shopping since we were not able to do it on our Friday night, which is our usual routine.
I do not do schedule changes very easily, but the Saturday shopping went fine and I survived.
On Saturday afternoon we tackled our leaf filled yard and by "we," I mean John.  I raked a bit, but I get bored and distracted easily.  I would much rather photograph the leaves than rake them.
 Our new patio is buried somewhere under a foot of leaves.



 And the raking is not done since the tree still has a few leaves left on it.


 Our garden is ready for next spring.  The only things left growing are my strong marigolds and some cosmos.

 Just told my kids the story of the burning bush, love having one in our backyard.
I also love how the blue sky looks against the leaves and branches.
Today, Sunday, we are planning on one last bike ride.
The weather looks to be perfect for it.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails