Monday, May 25, 2015

Memorial Day and a few new ventures

It's Memorial Day.
It's rainy and windy, but that is okay because we took our annual bike ride on Saturday and the weather was perfect.
My last day of school was Friday.
It is always bittersweet to say "Good By" to a school year.
Sweet because everyone loves and needs a summer break.
Bitter because it means that I have to say "Good by" to some preschoolers that I will never see again as they go off to classrooms away from St. John's.
I always pray that I have served them well and given them a good start and a great love for learning.
After school on Friday, John and I took Soli back to Oshkosh. 
She had been with us since Thursday.
She was able to be in our all school spring sing on Thursday night.
My kids sang "It's a Small World" and "The Micky Mouse march."
They did good.


Back to Friday.
We took Soli home and surprised Tiz by picking her up from school.
We all rode our bikes to the zoo.
Went out for pizza and called it a night.

On Saturday, John and I left for our annual bike ride to Point Beach State Park.
The weather was perfect.
We had a good ride and enjoyed our lunch by the lake.



After our ride we rewarded ourselves with a three dip sundae at Beerntsens in Manitowoc.
We had door county cherry with cherry sauce, chocolate with caramel, and vanilla with a shot glass of hot fudge.
It was so good.
We went back to Oshkosh to stay at the Van Auken B and B.
They were camping.
We had dinner at Beckett's and it was so yummy.
I had white sturgeon and John had pork tenderloin.
The wine went down easily, too.
We came home on Sunday.
Grilled brats on Monday.
It was a great memorial day for us, but we must not forget why we can celebrate.
Thanks to all who sacrificed so much so I can enjoy my freedoms.

I have started two new ventures, but I am going to wait until my next post to tell you about them.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails