Sunday, May 17, 2015

Time has gotten away on Me! Yikes

Wow, time is just flying by and I have so much to do for the end of the school year that I have forgotten about my blog.
So sorry to the ten or so faithful readers I have out there.
Here is the last two weeks in a nutshell.

John is still looking for work and when I say looking, he is really looking hard.
It is frustrating to say the least, but we are both staying positive and looking for the good in it all.
He is able to do lots of things around the yard and house which is nice.

Last weekend we celebrated Mother's Day.
Courtney and family and Alissa came to town.
We went out on Friday night with my brother.
Paul and my mom took the little girls home after dinner at El Mariachi while the rest of us hung out at Anne's.
It was great fun, always is when we have a few beers, chat, and laugh.
It was the best way to start Mother's Day.

On Saturday, the ladies all went to Ebert's to look at the pretties.
We all enjoyed it except Alissa.  If you know Alissa, you know that all those flowers, all those wagons, and all those people buying plants would drive her crazy and make her weak.
Well, needless to say, she was driven crazy.
After returning home with a few purchases, it was time to head out to Kohl's to spend Marge's Mother's Day gift cards.
Now this kind of shopping is right  up Alissa's alley.  I think she was made to be a senior's shopping assistant.
She found just what my mom wanted and we were on our way home.
John, Paul, and Soli took a bike ride.
We grilled brats and sat on our patio in the beautiful evening air.
The girls made a friend with our neighbor's granddaughter so that kept them busy.
We ended the day with a less than good movie about a dog named Sox that the guys and Soli had picked out on their bike ride.
Corny and low budget but I think we will be talking about it for awhile.
It was another great night.

On Sunday, my little ones including Soliana sang in church for their moms.
It was beautiful and I was again very proud of them.
After a nice lunch, everyone headed home.

The past week was my second last of school.
Courtney came in and did zumba with my kids again, it was so much fun.  She is a really good teacher and you can see how much she loves her zumba.
Soli stayed with us on Thursday night so she could go to Gymtastics with the class on Friday.
We took her to a park and then to Mullen's for dinner.
It was a great night.  She fell asleep on my lap and I rocked her for an hour.
That was so nice!
On Friday we took our annual trip to Gymtastics.
John was able to come along with Soliana which was nice for her and him.
After that, Courtney came and picked her up.
We all enjoyed a lunch from Schuett's before they left.

On Saturday we had a rummage sale.
Again, John was able to help me so much with getting things all ready
We made around $200.00 which was nice.
We were all cleaned up by 4:00.
Relaxed with a few beers, some TV, and a frozen pizza.

Today (Sunday) I am doing report cards, getting things ready for my summer tutoring program, and just relishing in the fact that this coming week is bringing another close to a school year.
Time flies whether you are having fun or not.
Most of the time, we are having fun!
 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails