Thursday, May 28, 2015

Sherri's Shots and Mrs. Damman's Summer Scholars

When John lost his job, yet again, I started to think creatively to make a little extra money.
My daughter, Courtney, who successfully runs two businesses that she started, suggested that I tutor Preschoolers for the summer.
Thus began my Mrs. Damman's Summer Scholars program
I have a full schedule on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays and am looking forward to starting this endeavor next week.
Business number one.

Now let me tell you about my second business.
Two years ago, at the Cow Chip craft fair, John and I saw some alphabet photos that people had made into photo collages.
The idea intrigued us so much that we went around Sauk City and took photos of anything that resembled an alphabet letter.
That Christmas I made photo collages for all family members who liked them, but that was the end of that or so I thought.
About two months ago, the idea was reborn when a friend of Alissa's noticed the collage I had made for her and asked if I would make her one.
Here is the one I created for her:
The Brockmans loved it and I got paid.
I also made collages for two 8th graders at St. John's for their confirmation.
Here they are:

 We actually used photos from around St. John's to make them meaningful.
I am making one for each of my nieces who we will see this summer.
So far, I only have Katherine's done:
I have made one more for a friend who is giving it as an anniversary gift and I have two more orders for Father's Day gifts.
I am really hoping that my little business takes off and I make a little money on it.

If any of my readers are interested in one of these unique, individualized gifts, just go to my Facebook page, Sherri's Shots.   You can find it by typing it into the search bar.
If you are not a facebook user and would like to order one, just send me a message on her or at dammanw@aol.ocm and I will be in touch.
Think graduations, anniversaries, weddings, or Father's Day.
I will do any theme that you may want (sports, architecture, nature, toys, etc.)

We are headed up to Door County this weekend and I plan on taking many photos up there.  I see letters in everything lately.

Oh, and by the way, John is starting a new job on Monday.
Totally a different area, something brand new to him, but we feel God has led us there.
Thanks for all the prayers on our behalf.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails