Friday, May 1, 2015

The Children's Play Gallery

Today we tried a new field trip.
I like routines.
I like my comfort zone.
I like my annual field trips-Ebert's Pumpkin patch in the fall and Gymtastics in the spring.
This year, one of my parents suggested the Children's Play Gallery in Oconomowoc.
I stepped out of my comfort zone and took the Preschoolers there on a field trip today and am I ever glad I did!
It was a wonderful, stress free trip and I think all the kids had a wonderful time.
We had taken my granddaughters to the Children's Play Gallery when it was in Delafield but I had not visited since it relocated to Oconomowoc.  Now I plan on going back next year with my Preschoolers and a few times in between with my granddaughters.
We also had a wonderful bus driver, Larry.  When you have a nice bus driver, it makes the trip so much better.  He was able to drop us off right at the door even though it was a tight squeeze.
The ladies who work at the Play Gallery used to be teachers so they have a genuine love for kids and it shows.
There are so many fun areas in the Play Gallery and one is just as much fun as the next.
Here are some photos of the kids enjoying the areas.
 This is a big drum that the kids could beat on.  It really made quite a loud noise.  I definitely do not want one in my classroom!
 There was a grill.
 The kids could pretend to be building a house.
 There is an art area with all kinds of craft items to make creations.
 This is a treehouse where you can have tea parties.

 Here's the treehouse.  Now this I would love in my classroom.
 The kids could connect pipe in the construction area.
 There was a fun train table.
 On top of the treehouse there was a telescope.
 There were all kinds of play food.  Here is a tasty looking fish.
 The kids loved shopping in the fruit market.
 There was a fun little area under the treehouse with dolls, rocking chairs, and doll accessories.
 There is a big pirate ship.
 The kids loved playing with all the pirate things.


 There is an area upstairs with all these cool blocks.  The boys in these pictures built a really cool fort up there.
 More pirate ship fun.

 Driving the pirate ship.
Constructing a house.
I actually think that it would be lots of fun to work in a place like this after I am done teaching, but then again, when I saw the big messes that the kids made and I thought how someone would have to keep cleaning all of that up, I am not sure I would enjoy that.  I would probably be following the kids around and cleaning up as fast as they made the messes. 
I think I will stick with teaching for a few more years.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails