Tuesday, June 27, 2017

A Week with Tizita, A weekend with friends, and a Happy Soliversary

Wow, it has been a fun week plus since I last posted,
so much to share.
First off, I had Tizita here for four days and nights.
We has a wonderful time.
We made scrubs and foot lotions, we made slime, we played games, we shopped and we had Sinai and Aquila over to swim and play.
We ended out time together with a day at Little Americka with Courtney and Soli.
I love spending alone time with both girls.
They are both so different and so fun in their own ways. 
Here are a few photos from those days:








On Friday, we went out to dinner with Karrie, Brent, Mary, Mark, Connie and Paul.  We are all old friends from High School along with our spouses.
It is always fun to get together with this group.
Image may contain: 4 people, people smiling, people standing

Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling, people standing and outdoor

On Saturday we went to Rachel Fischer's wedding.
It was a fun, wonderful time.
We saw John and Ethel Schuman at the church and we also saw Marcia.  I have not seen Marcia since we were 12 years old.
We took them over to say hello to my mom.
It would be a very short visit before the reception, but they were all so happy to see one another.
I love seeing people who knew my dad back when.
I love the stories that people share about him with me.
It's so special to hear about him from the people who knew him back when and that is what I was ablt to do on Saturday with John, Ethel, and Marcia.
Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, people standing

Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling, people sitting and indoor

The rest of the wedding was just as much fun as seeing these old friends.
I love a wedding where we really feel welcomed and see so many people that we know.
It was a great day!

On Sunday, John and I drove to Oshkosh with a stop on the way at Horicon Marsh for a nice hike.
We celebrated Soliana's Soliversary on Sunday night.
On June 29, it will have been five years since we first met her and that deserves a big celebration.
We bought her legos, the girl loves her legos.
I made her two lego cakes and we did a lot of building.
It was a fun celebration.
We always sing a song to her (and to Tiz on her Tiziversary) that I make up.  While we were singing it, Soliana's face was just lit up.  She was so proud.
Here are some photos from the Soliversary celebration:





John went to work on Monday and I got to stay for the day and play some more.
Fun all the way around.
The next time I see the girls will be on Saturday on St. George Island.
I think it is going to be a great vacation!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails