Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Catching Up on a Summer that is flying by!

Last weekend we celebrated our 41 anniversary by going to the Fireside for their dinner theater.
The last we had been to the Fireside was 40 years ago on our first anniversary shortly before it became a dinner theater.
It was a fantastic show!
It was a look at the music and trivia from the 50's.
The music was great, the food was so yummy, and we enjoyed it all.
In fact, we were already planning a return at some future date.

On Sunday we had our church picnic, it was a beautiful day and we stayed for most of the activities.
Courtney, Paul and the girls joined us for some of the picnic and later we all went to the pool.  Each girl had connected with a new friend at the picnic.  Julia Schauer and Claire Zuelke joined the girls at the pool.  It is so fun to watch them making new friends.

Step back to Friday, June 10.  I almost forgot my visit with my good friend Terri Hubbard.  She drove down from Medford and we had the greatest visit.  It is like no time has passed w
whenever we are together.
So that was a great way to start a great weekend.
We actually did take a photo but I can't upload it right now, so just trust me that we both looked great!

Back to Sunday.
So after swimming, we cooked out and watched Julia Pasch's three girls for her.
It was a fun night.

Courtney, Paul, and Tiz left on Monday morning and I got to spend four glorious days with only Soliana.
It's Wednesday and we have only one more day together.
It has been so much fun.
On Monday we shopped at Walmart.  She wanted a nerf gun, handcuffs, and a bra and short shorts, so of course, I bought her those things.
In the afternoon we made fluffy slime and it turned out so good.
Soliana loves to follow the recipe (unlike her sister) and was an expert at making the slime after the first time doing it with me.


We took her to see Captain Underpants in the evening.
Silly movie with lots of potty words so she loved it.
TV watchng with grandpa and then some hand cuffs for grandma!

On Tuesday we went to the pool with Kaliyah and Treyton.
After the pool, they came over and planted their fairy gardens, made slime with Soliana, and played police with Soli's new gun and handcuffs.
It was pretty funny to listen to them talk as they played.





We took them home about 6:00 after a great, fun day.
Watched Soli's favorite netflix and called it a night at 10:30.
She goes to bed late, but she sleeps in late, too.
Great summer schedule for her.

I almost forgot to document the fact that Soliana is reading now, too.
She read to us each night before bed.
I love that she is on the fast track to reading, again, different track than her sister took!

Today we visited my classroom, fed the ducks, and had frozen yogurt at the gas station.
After that we played police again, Soli played Barbies with Gigi, and we built with legos.
It was a great, fun day again.
Grandpa will be bringing Little Ceasar's for dinner tonight and then I am sure there will be some more TV watching.




Tomorrow we head to Little America with Courtney and Tiz and then my fun filled days with Soli come to an end.
What a joy she is and how blessed I am to be her grandma.
I am also blessed that Courtney trusts me enough to let me keep her for four days and nights.
I will send her home a bit more sugared up and with a few more things and hopefully, with lots of memories!

Next week, I get to have Tizita for four days!  
More fun ahead!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails