Thursday, July 14, 2011

When it rains, it pours

I, now, feel that I can post a new entry on my blog. I wasn't going to take down my last post until I had spoken to my long, lost friend, Patti on the phone. Tonight, much to my pleasure, Patti and I talked easily for over an hour as if no time had passed at all. That is how it is with good friendships, you just pick up where you left off and never look back.
Patti's voice sounds just like I remember it with the little touch of an Ohio accent that she still has. Both Tom and John were in the background throwing out comments about Ohio State, the Badgers, the Browns, and the Packers, somethings never change! We definitely want to plan a get together midway between Elyria and Watertown and I cannot wait. One thing I know for sure is that we will keep in touch this time. Life is to short to do otherwise. Well, reconnecting with one friend, just made me want to reach out and touch other friends who I have neglected over the years. My friend, Terri is in the picture below. We have not lost track of one another, we have one another's address, cell number, email, and facebook, but what we have done with that information is nothing, so it was time to reach out. What really inspired me to call Terri was the fact that her daughter, Vanessa came and watched the fireworks at our house on July 4th. Seeing Vanessa made me want to get in touch with her mom, my friend, Terri. I called Terri on Wednesday and just like with Patti, it was like no time had passed at all.
Terri and I share many happy memories from our days in Elkhorn when we were neighbors in a double wide modular home court. (much classier than a trailer court) We became fast friends and shared many adventures as we raised our families together. Terri and Mark's family lived the life of a gypsy in that they lived in lots of different places but finally settled in Medford, WI We are long overdue for a visit and one is in the planning stages with them, too.
One final note, my 40th class reunion is this August and through facebook, I have found some of my classmates from St. John's. No matter what, it seems that the friends from gradeschool are somehow sweeter than any others. I don't even know what these people did in High School or who they hung out with while there, but that doesn't matter because when push comes to shove those first friendships are the best and I am looking forward to seeing these old classmates at the reunion.
Friendship takes time and effort. Unfortunately, I did not put the effort needed into a few of my friendships, but I am working on that now and I will continue to nurture these wonderful friendships. If you are one of my friends and I have not contacted you in awhile, watch out, I am renewing friendships all over the place, you could be next.






No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails