Monday, August 29, 2011

Hurricane and Bergie, 35 years later

This is my friend, Sherri Bergerson Browning who I mentioned in my previous blog. I did not have my camera, but Sherri's husband, Jeff took this photo on his phone.
I am not really happy with it, but beggars cannot be choosers. I think he was taking it at a weird angle that made me look very disproportionate. In college, one nickname given to me was Hurricane. I believe it may have had something to do with some damage I did to a boy's dorm room at one point. I didn't damage anything valuable just some decorations that we had put up for his fraternity pledging.
I called Sherri, Bergie which was just a short version of her last name. It was less confusing that way since we both share the same name and the same spelling of that name. Bergie and I shared lots of fun times together in College, I was her maid of honor and she wore my wedding dress at her wedding. She married one of John's fraternity brothers, they were TKE's and John and Jeff were very good friends, too.
It was great to see them again and we hope to visit them in North Carolina in the future. We do not want so many years to go by until we see them again.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails