Thursday, February 9, 2012

How did I become a member of this exclusive club?

I never wanted to be a part of this club. It's not like the sorority I couldn't wait to join in college or the prestigious National Honor Society in High School or even the dance team in grade school.

No, I never ever dreamed that God would choose me to be a member of this club. Right now, I am not so sure that I am happy about this choice either. I don't even know many others in this club. My good friend, Pam Wilke has been a member for years now. I used to listen to the sad story that made her a member never imagining that I would join her in this exclusive circle.

Did you guess what club I am talking about?
I have joined the group of grandmas who have lost their grandchild(ren) and I am not a bit excited to be here, but there is no quitting or giving up one's membership. I am a lifetime member and the only dues are tears and sadness.

I believe that God has a purpose and a plan for all of us. My hope is that some good will come out of my membership. I am hoping that perhaps I will be able to help some other new member of this club at some point. Maybe there will even be another grandma of an adopted child who was called to their heavenly home before getting "home" to their new family. I could really help with that.

So, for now, I will try and accept this new club I am now a member of with grace.

1 comment:

Kim said...

I wish with all of my heart that you weren't a member of that club. Still thinking of all of you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails