Sunday, February 12, 2012

Wow, just wow!

This past weekend has been so healing and comforting to me. It has brought so much peace to my soul. I felt God's presence all around me. It started wtih me working on a memory scrapbook for Courtney and Paul. A week ago I couldn't even look at the photographs of Natnael, it was too painful, but all of a sudden, I could not look away. I scanned them, laid them out on scrapbook pages, and made copies of them. I just could not get enough of that sweet face.
I was also so comforted to receive some photos of Natnael's final resting place. It is a beautiful spot. I don't know what I expected, but this is so much more than I thought it would be. These photos came from two different women, both friends of Courtney.
Bridget is in Ethiopia bringing her son home. Her son was Natnael's best friend in the care center and Bridget spent time with Natnael when she first visited her son there. She asked Courtney if she could visit his grave and put flowers on it.
I feel that God put Bridget into our lives for a reason, she is an angel to us. I feel so comforted by her photo but also by her very sweet message to me which stated that "this cemetery is a very peaceful, beautiful place, visited by the kind, caring people of Ethiopia and that she would never, never let Natnael be forgotten by her son." Her words made me cry tears of happiness. She cares so much about our family. These other pictures are from another one of Courtney's friends, Renate. Renate and her husband live in Ethiopia where he works for the embassy. They visited the graveside along with another couple and their children who Courtney and Paul also know. So many people over there in a country so far away that care so much. God is so good.


I believe this is Renate at Natnael's grave. Never having met her, I am not sure though.


And these are the two families that they know visiting Natnael. The little girl in the background was adopted at the same time as Tizita. It just amazes me how God brought all these people together.


These were flowers placed by the adoption agency that Courtney and Paul work through.


The important thing for us is that Natnael is not in the ground in Ethiopia, but he is in heaven, happy, healthy, and in the arms of Jesus and all our family that went before him, but there is still something comforting about knowing he has a beautiful resting place honoring his memory.




Now wait till you see what is in store for you next. I said I was scanning photos of Natnael and I want to share a few of my favorites. Thank God I can finally look at them!




Here is our beautiful little grandson.


Here he is with his mama. Didn't he just fit perfectly in that spot?


This was the hardest picture for me to look at. It made me think of how much fun he would have had with his big sister. She loves to walk around just like this and I would get so sad thinking about him following her around like this. Now I just look at it and enjoy it.




Here he is a bit more serious, but


just look at him here! Ready to tell us all something. What a spunky, little fellow he must have been and how he would have fit into our family.




Anyway it has been a great weekend for me emotion wise. I am sure there will be difficult days ahead, but for the most part I have found some peace in this whole situation. Thanking God for the people he has placed in our lives and for the comfort he has provided.


On one last very exciting note, John did our taxes yesteday and it appears that we will getting quite a nice amount back from the feds, may I just say that it is about time, too! Anyway, if John calculated correctly and we do in fact receive this amount, we are planning on going to Ethiopia to put flowers on Natnael's grave and see all the places that are so special to Courtney and Paul. I will keep you posted on this.




















No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails