Sunday, February 19, 2012

A Scrapping good weekend

I worked really hard on my scrapbook/memory books for Natnael this weekend. I am making one for Courtney and Paul and then I decided to make on for John and I, too. Scrapbooking can be like blogging for me, usually very therapeutic unless I suffer from scrapping block much like blogging block. Luckily, this weekend I did not suffer any blockage and was able to make good progress on both books. This is the cover of the one that I am making for Courtney and Paul. I will just give you a little peek at the cover. I actually bought this as a scrapbook kit because I really liked the pre decorated pages with their cute embellishments, but as I started working, I found that I had to add many of my own pages anyway. So far I am pleased with the results.

And this is the book for John and I . I bought this book at Michael's and then found the silver frame at the dollar store so I added that to the front. I love the picture of Natnael in this frame. It has been very comforting and actually fun to work on the books. This weekend we are going to Door County with Courtney, Paul, and Tizita. Courtney and I will be putting final touches on the books so they are ready for the memorial service on March 17. Door County should be a very peaceful setting in which to work on the books.

On an entirely different note, a few weeks ago, Kev asked me if I knew anyone that might like a telescope. My first thought was, Of course, he has a telescope. He won it at some auction. After carrying it around in the Taurus for a few weeks we finally brought it in the house and put it together. Have not used it yet, but one of these nights we will give it a try. It is not taking up permanent residence at our home however, Nathan voiced any interest in a telescope, so it will eventually make its way to Bloomington. I meant to post a picture of the telescope, but it didn't load. Suffice it to say, it is a big telescope!



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails