Sunday, July 1, 2012

Our Wonderful Weekend with our Granddaughters

 I cannot believe that all the waiting is over.  Our beautiful second granddaughter is home with her forever family.  Our meeting at the airport was wonderful.  To see the happy family of four walking toward us was the best feeling ever.  They just look like such a complete family although as Courtney says, "one never knows what God has in store for their family."
I want to document all the things that happened this weekend so I never forget it.
John and I spent Friday night in the Motel 6 after taking Tiz home (she rode with us from the airport).
On Saturday morning we headed over to their house and found Soliana sleeping peacefully on her mama's lap.
Courtney was waiting for me to go on a bike ride.  She took me all over on streets I had never seen before.  We had nice discussions and I really enjoyed our time together.


 By the time we got back, Soliana was awake and I was able to get a few shots of the sisters in the dresses that I had bought them. 
 Tizita has much to teach her little sister and she has started that already.
Soliana has already learned to throw kisses and play peek a boo.
 We got out the water table and both girls enjoyed their time in the water.
 Tizita had asked me if we could take a jacuzzi together so I could not resist.
She says it was the best jacuzzi we ever had, I think I agree.
 Paul joined us back at the motel for a quick swim.
Then John, Tiz, and I enjoyed Rocky's Pizza, soda, and TV before bed.
Tiz stayed with us at the motel Sat. night.
 Sunday morning brought some yummy donuts for us to share and some more TV before heading back to Van Aukens.
 Tizita wanted to go shopping before going home, so we bought this fun pool for the girls and they had so much fun playing in this heat.
 Here again Tiz had to teach Soli a few things.
When it was time to leave, Soliana actually came to came and gave me a kiss.  What a nice surprise!
It was a most wonderful weekend.
It was so exciting to look forward to this meeting and it just went so quickly, but it could not have been more perfect.
We are truly blessed.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails