Wednesday, July 25, 2012

This and That

Summer marches on.  Time goes so quickly these days.  I have been spending time at school this week getting my room organized and ready for another year of Preschoolers.  This year my theme is "I wanna be like Jesus."
I am using bees to decorate my room, as my nametags, and as my cubby names.
I expect my room to be a buzz with busy bees!
I found this verse and I am going to post it so everyone that enters my room can see it.
"Sometimes looking into a classroom is a bit like looking into a beehive
The uninformed visitor might see lots of bees moving in many directions with no apparent logic,
but the beekeeper knows what each bee is doing and how an activity fits the overall pattern."
We have a new principal and kindergarten teacher this year.  Both are new graduates and bring with them the enthusiasm that only a new grad can possess.
I wish we could bottle that and spread it around.  I feel it rubbing off on me.
I think this is such a positive step for St. John's and I look forward to the blessings they will bring us.

This summer has been so hot and dry.
We are in the midst of a severe drought with only an inch of rain so far this summer.
The only positive is that there are no mosquitos.
I have been watering our garden to keep the tomatoes and cukes going.  I gave up long ago on the flowers and pots.  Yesterday I made our first salad with fresh organic tomatoes, cukes, onions, and carrots from the garden.  The lettuce was store bought since ours has gone to seed.  The salad was yummy.


 This past Saturday we had another fun night out with our college friend, Joan.
We went to a place called Sheridan's in Cudahy.
The food was very good, presentation was lovely, but John and I did have to stop on the way home for a malt from Kopp's.  Guess that fancy food just doesn't fill one up.
The price was a bit more than we usually pay, too, but it was still a great night as it always is with Joan.
 The other day we woke up to this mess in our front yard.
We had a wind storm during the night, lots of thunder and lightening as well as wind, but hardly a drop of rain.
 I just had to share the next photos because they are so darn cute.
I bought these yellow outfits for the girls.  I just knew they would look so pretty in yellow and I was not wrong about that.  Not everyone can sport yellow with such beauty.
When did  my little Tizita grow up?  It seems to have happened over night.
She asked her mama for cotton candy hair and this is what she got, sure does look like cotton candy to me.  Courtney has wonderful skills when it comes to doing Tiz's hair.  It takes real patience on both their parts to do these styles.

On a final note, John and I are taking the train to Chicago on Saturday.
I have wanted to walk out on the glass walkway on top of the Sears Tower and now I will be doing just that.
Stay tuned for pictures from that exciting day. 


1 comment:

Verna said...

Oh we are planing on being in Chicago next weekend. Have fun!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails