Sunday, January 27, 2013

Overhauling the kitchen and other tidbits from the weekend

I am winding down from a very nice productive weekend.
On Friday night we met Karen and Rick Olsher at Elias.
Karen and Rick were the managers at our first apartment on Dewey Ave .
I had their daughter in my first kindergarten class.
It was fun to reconnect and share stories of our lives over the years.
I am so glad that Karen and I reconnected over FB.

I woke up on Saturday ready to challenge the wallpaper in our kitchen.
My ex sister in law put this paper up and as far I can tell, it wasn't going anywhere anytime soon.  She had that stuff glued up there good!
I googled how to remove wallpaper and came up with some helpful hits.
We used lots of hot water and finally resorted to a product called Dif which really did the trick.
 This is just one wall partially stripped
 These two walls still needed to be done.
I am not very good at this putsy type of work, I prefer immediate results, but I kept plugging along.  John was purchasing our new laminate flooring from Menard's, so I could not ask for his help.
 Luckily Mallory came over  for a visit and went right to work on the walls.
She, unlike me, enjoys the challenge of such a task and she says her mom can put it up and she can take it down.
In record time she had her wall done.

 John did the clean up and then returned to Menard's to buy some paint because now these white empty walls were begging for some color.
 He painted on Sunday while I hosted an open house at St. John's.
The color is a nice tan and I am liking it.
After our wallpaper removal success on Saturday night, Mallory made a u tube video for my birthday.  I love it and will share it here when I turn 60 on Wed.


Today my kids and the K, 1st, and 2nd grades sang in church.
They did a great job as usual.
They sang Servants of God.

It was a very nice weekend, now on to my birthday week.
Leaving the 50's behind.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails