Monday, January 14, 2013

Remembering our little angel

One year ago today our precious grandson, Natnael passed away unexpectedly in Ethiopia just four days after meeting his mama Courtney and his papa Paul.
We never got to meet him this side of heaven, but we look forward to seeing this smiling face as we enter heaven.
We may have never met him, but we were waiting for him to join our family.
We had bought fire truck for him, we had bought him his first Packer jersey and Packer cap, we had bought him books that a little boy would enjoy.
We were excited to have a little boy in our family for the first time.

We were shocked and oh, so sad when we got the sad, sad news about his death.
It was so hard to grasp, how could this happen?
But we held tight to one another and to our faith.  We knew God doesn't give us more than we can handle and we know His plan is the best, so we put it all in his hands.
Now, a year later, we have renewed joy in sweet Soliana , who would not have been a part of our family if Natnael had not died.
Not that it makes it any easier, but I can see God's plan unfolding in a wonderful way for Courtney's little family and for all of us.
Natnael touched our lives in a very special way and I am so thankful for  the fact that I have that smiling picture of my grandson to look at and remember a little boy who was loved by so many.
So Natnael, we will never forget you and we will see you again.

2 comments:

Meredith said...

What a touching tribute to such a sweet little boy. There are so many things we'll never know this side of heave, and the reason behind the loss of a child is one of them.

Anonymous said...

I've been exploring for a little for any high-quality articles or weblog posts in this kind of house . Exploring in Yahoo I ultimately stumbled upon this web site. Studying this info So i'm satisfied to show that I've an incredibly just right uncanny feeling I found out just what I needed. I so much unquestionably will make certain to don?t disregard this site and provides it a look on a continuing basis.
My web page ... GFI Norte

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails