Wednesday, January 2, 2013

What doesn't kill us just makes us stronger, right?

Take a moment to reread my posts from January of last year.
I did that this morning and it was so bittersweet.
I loved having Tizita with us for 10 days, what a great way to start out our year.
She was here for John's birthday and then we took our road trip to visit Alissa and Nathan.
Then the sad news and life did not stop.
So, I guess whoever said, "what doesn't kills you only makes you stronger."
Natnael's death did not kill us, but I am not so sure it made us all that much stronger either.
I am thankful that I have a record of the events in this blog because I really don't want to forget any of the emotion connected to any of that sad time.
 
Now on to a different subject.
I wanted to document what we (the six adults) bought the person whose name we had for the gift exchange.
 
 John gave Alissa a beautiful handmade bracelet, two vintage beer glasses, and a pretty flower pin to wear in her hair or on her coat.
John is sporting his shirt from our "ugly" Christmas last year while Alissa is wearing her homemade headband from the same event.
 Paul had my name and gave me a beautiful scarf and a marguarita candle that smells heavenly.  I am wearing my homemade peter pan christmas collar under the scarf and Paul has on his Christmas jingle boxers, but you can't see them on this photo.
 Caped super hero Nathan gave Paul a cribbage board shaped like a guitar.
 I gave Nathan a heather gray polo that he wanted.
He said it was his best cape ever.
 Courtney got this cute skirt and a babysitter club game from her sister.
Courtney, wearing her Santa ear muffs from last year gave her father a vintage liquor case, an expensive cigar, and a homemade moustache mug and coozie.
It was another great fun gift exchange.
It is the third year that we have done this and we all agree it is a fun, meaningful way to do the gifting.
we all put lots of thought into the gift we buy for our recipient.
So, this is the last post about our Christmas.
 
Tomorrow I go back to school after two weeks off.
I miss my kids,
I am ready to go back.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails