Sunday, March 17, 2013

Countertops and Chuck e Cheese

 This past weekend, I enlisted the artistic skills of both Courtney and Mallory to transform our old, stained yellow laminate counter tops into granite looking tops with the aid of a kit that I heard about on FB and ordered online to the tune of $70.00.
I knew that I could not have anything to do with the project since with my "more is better" philosophy in anything artsy, I just knew those counters would turn into a disaster.
 My two workers did a great job and we are very pleased with the finished look.

 Best part is, they work for cheap.
All John and I had to do was treat them to dinner at El Mariachi.
 While they worked on the counter tops, John and I took the girls to visit his dad at the care center and then to Chuck e Cheese.
I love me some Chuck e Cheese, John not so much, but he played the part of a good grandpa and I think even he had a good time when all was said and done.
 We tagged teamed the girls since Tizita was interested in the big kid games while Soli enjoyed the little rides.




 Soli made a little friend who joined us on a few rides.  I think it may have been because I was putting the tokens into the rides and he was a bit of a free loader, but Soli enjoyed his company.

Tiz had her usual good luck and walked away with lots of tickets.
And as usual, $30.00 worth of tokens bought her two rings and a rubber bracelet, but she was beyond happy with it all.
Both girls were so much fun and well behaved.
It was a great way to spend a Saturday.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails