Sunday, March 10, 2013

Springing Ahead

This is the weekend that we spring forward by setting our clocks ahead one hour.
This spring ahead comes with mixed emotions from me.
Just when I am getting used to the very, nice light mornings I now have to wake up and drive to work in the dark again.
Everything comes with advantages though because now we will see the light of day until 7:00 at night which means that John and I can finally get out and walk again.  We could have been walking all winter, but we had many lame excuses about why we could not walk, too dark, too cold, too slippery...
John will once again be driving to work in the dark, too.
I think this is too early for this time change anyway,  I think it used to in April.  Oh well, things are always changing, I guess.
One other thing, the kids will be very tired for the next week which is not necessarily a bad thing but I think the teacher may be tired, too.
4:55 tomorrow is going to come way to soon for me.

This has been a good weekend all around even with the time change.
On Friday, John and I did the grocery shopping and then spent our $90.00 credit at Menard's. The sheer size of that store scares me, but we took our time and had no problem buying that much crap there.

On Saturday while John visited his dad, I had a long overdue lunch with my friend, Pam.
We had a great catch up session and of course, we vowed to get together much sooner the next time.

Today after church I went to a gymnastics meet with Lynne Uttech and her family to watch Meghan compete.  
I love gymnastics and I really enjoyed watching the competition.
Meghan did very well.
Actually I think they all did very well considering I could never walk on that balance beam or fly around the floor like they do.

Now I am just relaxing, catching up on some school work and watching the rain take away our snow.  It cannot go fast enough for my tastes.
Spring ahead and take the snow with you!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails