Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Is this a North/South thing?

 I have four nieces, one that is like a third daughter to me.
She has been a big part of my life since the day she was born.
We share many, many happy memories over the years.
The other three live in North Carolina.  Their parents (John's brother and sister in law) are divorced and we haven't seen the girls in many, many years.
This post is a comparison between Mallory, my niece here in Watertown and Natalie, my oldest niece from North Carolina.
Both girls are in college, Mal at Whitewater and Natalie at Appalaciacola State.
I know Mallory is a great kid who loves to have fun.
From what I know of Natalie from FB, she is a great kid who loves to have fun,too.
That is where the similarities stop.

Actually it is not a comparison between the two girls, but between the differences I see on their FB pictures.
I think it is actually a comparison between the ways of a Southern Belle and the ways of a Northern Girl.

The above picture is of Mallory much the way she is.  No pretenses, what you see is what you get.
She reminds me of me when I was in college, her photos are actually very similar to mine.
Nut doesn't fall far from the tree, I guess.
 Now compare that photo to the ones below.
They are pictures of Natalie and her college friends.
Everything is perfect down to the hands on the hips.
Just check out the scarves, makeup and hair.
Nothing wrong with it, just not the way you would catch Mallory.
I think it is a North/South issue.




And here again is Mallory in all her natural beauty.
There, now you have my take on Northern College girls and Southern College girls.
All very sweet girls, just with different priorities.

1 comment:

madj said...

It's "Appalacian" State, Not "apalachacola".. The latter is a town in Florida. Your point, though, is very well taken.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails